- Title: Powetry: Reclaim Your Power Thru Poetry
- Author: Quiana Childress
- Genre: Poetry
- Length: 152 pages
- Publisher: Childress Publishing, LLC
- Publication Date: April 2016
Not just another poetry book!
POWETRY- Reclaim Your Power Thru Poetry is a collection of poems, reflections, and various sayings by the internationally acclaimed Author-Speaker and Poet, Quiana Childress.
Described as thought-provoking, life-changing, innovative and vivacious with the ability to penetrate the soul, Quiana’s poetic voice inspires the hearts of her readers. Her poems will challenge you to improve your life by reclaiming your personal power.
Like the whiff of a strong cup of morning coffee, her words will stir you to conquer any mountain in your life! Powetry is sure to fill your motivational shoes, while leaving you wanting more.
About the Author
- Growing up impoverished from humble beginnings in rural Newport, Arkansas, Quiana has dealt with many challenges, including experiencing homelessness as a 16 year old teen.
- Determined that she would not be a “statistic,” she went on to graduate in the top 1% of her university class. At her graduation ceremony, First Lady Michelle Obama singled Quiana out for overcoming adversity and still achieving high academic success. Quiana credits her high educational pursuits and spirit of hard work to her mother.
- It was her challenges as a teen and young adult that sparked her interest in motivating and inspiring teens and young women.
- While currently applying for acceptance into a doctorate in naturopathic medicine program to become a naturopathic physician (ND), Quiana plans to devote her time to healing & empowering others through natural medicine, books, and a microphone.
- Quiana is the Chief Executive Publisher at Childress Publishing, LLC dedicated to bringing the spirit of entrepreneurship, motivation and inspiration to others through authorship.
- Quiana states that she enjoys traveling, biomedical research, being a medical real estate consultant, and line dancing!
As Seen On:
- CNN news with Don Lemon live interview
- Named ABC World News Tonight with Diane Sawyer: Person of the Week
- International Ch. 5 Marpin News and speaker at the 6th Annual Youth Series in Dominica, West Indies
- Quiana has also been featured in numerous newspapers and magazines, such as the St. Louis American and Carolina Woman Magazine.
- Named Who’s Who Among American Colleges and Universities and a Summa cum laude graduate with a BS in Biology from the University of Arkansas-Pine Bluff.
- High Honors graduate from Pulaski Technical College in Practical Nursing
- Holds a Graduate Certificate in Health Sciences from Meharry Medical College.
- American Journal of Physiology published scientific author
- Research grant recipient from: Yale School of Medicine/BioSTEP, NASA/ASGC, NIEHS/NIH IRTA Fellow, and University of Alaska-Anchorage/REU
Contact The Author
Nobody yet left a review. Be first?